What is a CHT?
A certified hand therapist (CHT) is an occupational therapist with at least five years of clinical experience, including at least 4,000 hours in direct practice of hand therapy. In addition, a CHT has passed a comprehensive test of advanced skills.
YOA’s occupational therapy team helps restore function of the hand and upper limbs. Certified hand therapists work with YOA’s hand surgeons, as well as general practitioners, rheumatologists and neurologists.
We have two licensed occupational therapists and two certified occupational therapy assistants.
Hands-on treatment plans are developed and managed for post-surgical, acute and chronic situations.
We offer a wide range of occupational therapy services.
- Custom made static and dynamic splints, including protective splints for:
- Post-surgical fractures
- Corrective intervention
- Scar management
- Wound care
- Edema care/compression
- Mobilization techniques
- Desensitization/Sensory re-education
- Ultra-sound, paraffin, fluidotherapy, bio-feedback, electric simulation
We manage a range of conditions and ailments.
- Acute trauma
- Elbow, wrist and hand fractures
- Mallet fingers
- Finger fractures and dislocations
- Game keepers thumb
- Dupuytren’s Disease
- Carpal tunnel
- Tennis elbow
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Trigger finger and thumb
- CRPS (chronic regional pain syndrome)