Youngstown Orthopaedic Associates treats a number of upper extremity and hand conditions, including:
- Tendon problems, such as acute sports injuries, tennis elbow, and traumatic lacerations
- Fractures of the arm, elbow, and the small bones of the hand
- Arthritic problems, including correction of deformities and joint replacements
- Nerve compression syndromes
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
Our practice takes a special care and interest in hand and arm problems. Two of our partners, Dr. Les Schwendeman and Dr. Michael Miladore specialize in hand and upper extremity surgery, and are the only surgeons in the area to be awarded the Certificate of Added Qualification in hand surgery by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Some of the more common procedures that Dr. Schwendeman and Dr. Miladore perform include:
- Carpal tunnel release
- Trigger finger release
- Excision of ganglion cysts on the wrist and hand
- Excision of mucus cysts on the finger
- Transposition of ulnar nerve at elbow
- Basal thumb joint reconstruction
- Open treatment of small base fracture
Our physical and hand therapists work in cooperation with our physicians to provide the best treatment possible for our patients suffering from ailments of the hand and arm.