SANDY ANDREWS IS YOA’S OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY SUPERVISOR AND A CERTIFIED HAND THERAPIST FOR Rehabilitation Servies.
What is a CHT?
A certified hand therapist (CHT) is an occupational therapist with at least five years of clinical experience, including at least 4,000 hours in direct practice of hand therapy. In addition, a CHT has passed a comprehensive test of advanced skills.
YOA’s rehabilitation services shine through our occupational therapy team, dedicated to restoring the function of the hand and upper limbs. Our certified hand therapists collaborate seamlessly with YOA’s hand surgeons, as well as general practitioners, rheumatologists, and neurologists.
Comprising two licensed occupational therapists and two certified occupational therapy assistants, our team is well-equipped to address your needs.
Hands-on treatment plans are expertly developed and managed for post-surgical, acute, and chronic situations, ensuring comprehensive care for your rehabilitation journey.
We offer a wide range of occupational therapy services.
- Custom made static and dynamic splints, including protective splints for:
- Post-surgical fractures
- Corrective intervention
- Scar management
- Wound care
- Edema care/compression
- Mobilization techniques
- Desensitization/Sensory re-education
- Ultra-sound, paraffin, fluidotherapy, bio-feedback, electric simulation
We manage a range of conditions and ailments.
- Acute trauma
- Elbow, wrist and hand fractures
- Mallet fingers
- Finger fractures and dislocations
- Game keepers thumb
- Dupuytren’s Disease
- Carpal tunnel
- Tennis elbow
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Trigger finger and thumb
- CRPS (chronic regional pain syndrome)
The strength of YOA’s physical therapy programs is their connection with YOA’s nine specialty surgeons. No other rehabilitation services clinic sees as many shoulder and total joint replacement patients.
We have a highly trained, compassionate rehabilitation services staff.
Our staff includes:
- 4 licensed physical therapists
- 7 physical therapy assistants
- 2 registered orthopaedic technicians for all casting and bracing requirements.
We use standard and advanced techniques.
- We offer physical therapy programs for post-op rotator cuff repairs, anterior cruciate ligament procedures, arthroscopic knee surgery, total shoulder replacements, total knee replacements, total hip replacements, total elbow arthroplasty, tendon transfer of the hand & foot, carpal tunnel release, arthroscopic shoulder surgery and spine surgery.
- We utilize the Mulligan Concept of MWMS & SNAGS for the extremities and spine.
- We also utilize the McKenzie Method of spine rehabilitation.
- Other services include manual therapy, ultrasound treatments, electrical stimulation therapy and laser therapy.
Our facility is spacious and modern.
- It spans more than 3,000 square feet.
- It features state-of-the-art Cybex rehabilitation equipment.
- Our location offers easy access to major highways.
- We offer convenient scheduling.