Our High-Definition MRI System
YOA’s magnetic resonance imaging system is a Signa HDe 1.5T, from GE Healthcare. The high-definition unit offers comprehensive capabilities and a platform for the future of MRI applications.
This system provides physicians with advanced image clarity. It is used routinely for:
- Spine Studies
- Orthopedic – including elbow, wrist, hip, knee, foot and ankle
- Pelvis – Male and Female
- Specialized vascular applications
- Neurological/Brain Imaging
This new technology offers several patient benefits.
- More room. The system features a generous 60-cm patient opening and full 45-cm field of view.
- Less rescanning. The system’s exceptional speed enables it to deliver quality images even when some patient movement occurs. This brings the benefits of MR to small children and adult patients who are not able to remain still for long periods of time.
- Greater safety. Docking table and dual-sided controls make the experience safer for patients.
It also provides several benefits to physicians and technologists.
- Enhanced imaging techniques enable easier visualization of anomalies, resulting in more diagnostic confidence.
- Greater image quality and elimination of rescans increases productivity and imaging department workflow.
These statistics and trends point up the need for high-definition MR.
- 1 in 6 pediatric patients does not respond adequately to sedation – 1 in 14 fails to respond at all
- More than half of diabetic patients have inadequate characterization of lower vasculature prior to surgery
- 1 in 10 abdominal exams is rendered inconclusive because of motion artifacts or inadequate resolution on conventional MR systems
- 25 to 30 percent of brain studies need to be repeated due to motion artifacts on conventional MR systems