|Sandy Andrews is YOA’s occupational therapy supervisor and a certified hand therapist.|
YOA’s occupational therapy team helps restore function of the hand and upper limbs. Certified hand therapists work with YOA’s hand surgeons, as well as general practitioners, rheumatologists and neurologists.
Hands-on treatment plans are developed and managed for post-surgical, acute and chronic situations.
We offer a wide range of occupational therapy services.
- Custom made static and dynamic splints, including protective splints for
- Post-surgical fractures
- Corrective intervention
- Scar management
- Wound care
- Edema care/compression
- Mobilization techniques
- Desensitization/Sensory re-education
- Ultra-sound, paraffin, fluidotherapy, bio-feedback, electric simulatio
We manage a range of conditions and ailments.
- Acute trauma
- Elbow, wrist and hand fractures
|Linda O’Neill is one of YOA’s certified hand therapist.|
- Mallet fingers
- Finger fractures and dislocations
- Game keepers thumb
- Dupuytren’s Disease
- Carpal tunnel
- Tennis elbow
- Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Trigger finger and thumb
- CRPS (chronic regional pain syndrome)
What is a CHT?
- A certified hand therapist (CHT) is an occupational therapist with at least five years of clinical experience, including at least 4,000 hours in direct practice of hand therapy. In addition, a CHT has passed a comprehensive test of advanced skills.